2013 Scrapbook Retreat

Once again we left on Thursday 1st August for our yearly scrapbook retreat at Coolwaters  Holiday Village in Yeppoon. We left the shop in a convoy, the truck full to the brim with the shop and a number of cars and a ute towing a caravan (which was me) where I met up with Jo already scrapping to her hearts content as she had been there all week lucky devil..... We all unloaded and set up the shop and the scrapping room, with the stragglers coming in to set themselves up at their seats. We scrapped all day Friday, Saturday and till 4pm Sunday and late into the night and early morning for some. Then it was time to pack up and head home. What a terrific time we had, lovely company, food was great and not much sleep but a lot of fun.

These are a few things I created while I was there. Also did a class with Alicia on Saturday.
Here are a couple of bird cages I decorated. First one I put a photo of Laurie and I in it and heaps and heaps of flowers all are Prima flowers out of my flower box.


 A few close ups....
 




Now the next one...
 
 Look Annabelle is in a cage looking at that birdie
 


 
All prima flowers as well with netting one the bottom of the cage inked with some glimmermist I think it was chocolate something, brown anyway.
This is a reverse canvas that I still haven't finished but it will have the retreat photo in it when I unpack all my stuff.
Golden crackle paint and heaps of glimmermist and Kaiser beach paper in the middle still a work in progress.

A close up of the crackle
 
Now my class pages from Alicias class
 
 1st one not exactly the same as I was serving customers while the class was on. So I put my own twist on it. This photo was taken while we where at the Hall of Fame dinner in Wagga in May this year.
My second ended up being a double page as I was lucky enough to get 2 pieces of bazzil in my kit. I added texture paste and spray to the background sort of like Alicias page but not. These photos are of Tracy my daughter going sky diving on her 30th birthday 2012 in Darwin.

 
And my last page we had to make a page / card from our goodie bag only using what is in our bag.
My son Michael and I in Wagga 2013

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mixed Media Altered Frame - Off the Rails DT

New Baby

Just for you